This dish marries the sweetness of salmon to the nutty model of toasted quinoa. The result is a salad which will develop to be a dinner or lunch. If arugula is hard to hunt out, you can substitute it with baby spinach and 1 teaspoon dried tarragon. Each serving accommodates 1,070 milligrams of omega-3s and is good approach to get inside the actually useful daily amount of this vital fat.
1 cup quinoa
Olive oil cooking spray
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ pound wild salmon fillet
1 ½ cup chopped arugula leaves, washed and dried
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (6 ounces)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons additional virgin olive oil
Freshly flooring pepper
¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Wash the quinoa in a high-quality sieve beneath chilly working water. Drain properly.
- Coat a nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Add the quinoa and frivolously toast over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and the salt. Carry to a boil, lower the heat, cowl and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Take away from heat.
- Fluff with a fork and place in a bowl to relax.
- Coat a sauté pan with cooking spray. Put together dinner the salmon pores and pores and skin side up for six minutes over medium heat. Flip the salmon over and proceed to cook dinner dinner until the fish is opaque and flakes merely when examined with the aim of a knife. Take away from the pan and discard the pores and pores and skin. Cool and decrease into bite-sized objects.
- Add to the quinoa along with the arugula and tomatoes.
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, oil and a generous grinding of pepper. Toss with the quinoa salad. Excessive with feta.
- Chill and serve.
Dietary knowledge per serving
Full fat 9 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
Dietary fiber three g
Ldl ldl cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 278 mg
Potassium 718 mg