This low-fat various to french fries is certainly not low on taste! These taters are well-seasoned with scorching pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper. Bake them till they’re golden and crispy on the surface — your loved ones gained’t give you the option to withstand them!
four massive potatoes (2 lbs.)
eight cups ice water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
¼ tsp allspice
1 tsp scorching pepper flakes
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Scrub potatoes and lower into lengthy ½-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cowl and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Take away potatoes and dry strips totally.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice and pepper flakes right into a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice combination.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cowl with aluminum foil and place in 475° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Take away foil, and proceed baking uncovered for a further 15 to 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- Flip fries sometimes to brown on all sides.
Makes 5 servings.
Vitamin data (per 1-cup serving)
Saturated Fats: 1g
Ldl cholesterol: 0mg
Supply: “Coronary heart Wholesome Recipes,” Nationwide Coronary heart, Lung and Blood Institute