Beans are good in your coronary coronary heart and your gut, with fiber that will help preserve you trim. Try these bean muffins with salsa and serve with a side of cooked greens to spherical out the plate.
2 tablespoons water
1 cup chopped sweet onion
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon crimson pepper flakes
4 cups cooked black beans (rinse and drain if using canned beans)
¼ teaspoon salt (eradicate if using canned beans)
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups cooked sweet potato, peeled and mashed
½ cup egg whites (or egg substitutes)
¾ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Non-stick cooking spray
*Discover: For a straightforward salsa, it is best to use chopped tomato, onion, inexperienced pepper and cilantro and toss in a dressing of olive oil, modern squeezed lemon juice and salt.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, convey water to a boil. Steam onions and garlic until onions are light about three minutes.
- Place cooked onions and garlic in an enormous bowl. Add in cumin, pepper flakes and 2 cups of the beans. Mash the beans with a fork.
- Add in 1 cup of beans, salt, pepper, mashed sweet potato, egg whites and bread crumbs. Mix collectively and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat over to 425 ranges. Divide mixture into eight servings. Type each serving proper right into a patty type. Place patties on a baking sheet sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Bake bean muffins in oven for 12-15 minutes until brown and heated by.
- Whereas bean muffins are baking, heat remaining 1 cup of beans in microwave for 3 minutes until scorching.
- Serve beans over bean muffins and serve.
Makes eight servings. Each servings is 1 black bean cake.
Full fat: 1.5g
Saturated fat: 0g
Trans fat: 0g
Ldl ldl cholesterol: 0mg
Full Carbohydrate: 40g
Recipe courtesy of Digestive Sickness Nicely being Crew Dietitians