This lighter mannequin of shepherd’s pie is full of style nevertheless doesn’t have the fat and vitality typical of this dish.
Refrigerated butter-flavor cooking spray
1 small onion, chopped
1 ¼ kilos flooring sirloin
½ cup fat-free, reduced-sodium beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 russet potatoes, peeled and decrease into uniform-size gadgets (about 1 ½ kilos)
Freshly flooring pepper
three garlic cloves, decrease in half
¼ cup skim milk
2 tablespoons egg substitute
¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optionally out there
1 cup frozen little one peas, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook dinner dinner, breaking it up with a picket spoon, until browned. Stress the meat mixture proper right into a colander to empty all fat and liquid. Return to the skillet.
- Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Within the meantime, boil the potatoes with the garlic in evenly salted water until accomplished. Drain the potatoes and take away the garlic. Mash the potatoes with the milk and egg substitute. Season with salt, if using, and pepper.
- Place the meat mixture inside the prepared casserole and prime with the peas. Unfold the mashed potatoes extreme.
- Coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until heated by way of and correctly browned. Serve immediately.
Power: 240 (16% vitality from fat)
Full Fat: 4.5 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Protein: 23 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Dietary Fiber: three g
Ldl ldl cholesterol: 50 mg
Sodium: 210 mg
Potassium: 466 mg