Who doesn’t love surf and turf? We’ve taken that concept to a complete new diploma. This recipe combines treasures from land and sea, and the result is a dish that’s as elegant as it is easy, and as flavorful because it’s nourishing.
Current scallops, with their velvety texture and umami style, sort the underside of this dish. The pea purée, with a elegant combination of peas, mint, shallots and lemon zest is the right confederate, offering pure sweetness and tang in your tongue.
Within the occasion you’re a fan of protein, B dietary nutritional vitamins, and phytonutrients, you’ve hit the jackpot with this dish. Nevertheless your fashion buds can be the best winners. Quick to rearrange, nutritious, and delicious, it’ll please a crowd or make an excellent dinner for two.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
10 ounces frozen peas
¼ plus ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
Eight leaves up to date mint
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
¼ teaspoon freshly flooring black pepper
12 ounces medium-large sea scallops
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook dinner dinner, stirring sometimes, Three to 5 minutes, until very tender.
- Add ⅓ cup water and ¼ teaspoon of the salt and convey to a boil.
- Stir throughout the peas, cowl tightly, and cook dinner dinner 2 to 3 minutes, until the peas are heated by means of.
- Pour the mixture proper right into a meals processor or blender. Add the mint, lemon zest and 1/Eight teaspoon of the pepper. Puree until clear.
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Season them with the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook dinner dinner Three to 4 minutes, until the undersides are golden brown. Flip them and cook dinner dinner for 1 to 2 minutes additional, until opaque all via. Serve with the pea puree.
Eating regimen knowledge (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Full fat 8.3g
Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fiber 3.3g
Added sugar 0g
Ldl ldl cholesterol 45.1mg