Start a healthful new trip customized with this sweet and creamy mousse. Garnish it with toasted nuts or chocolate and your organization will neglect all about standard pumpkin pie. (Oh, and by one of the best ways, this low-calorie dessert is full of dietary nutritional vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber!)
1 huge, ripe banana, peeled and broken into chunks
1 cup sweet potato, cooked, pores and pores and skin eradicated
eight ounces extra company tofu
15 ounces canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon flooring ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
5 teaspoons precise maple syrup
- Place banana in a meals processor, and course of until straightforward.
- Add tofu and pulse until straightforward.
- Add remaining parts and pulse until straightforward. Stop to scrape down sides of bowl, and pulse as soon as extra to completely mix.
- Spoon mixture into specific particular person bowls or one huge bowl, cowl, and refrigerate for at least one hour sooner than serving.
- Garnish with darkish chocolate or toasted walnuts and pecans, and serve!
Chef’s observe: This mousse tastes even greater the next day (can put collectively as a lot as three days in advance)!
Eating regimen knowledge
Makes 7 servings (½ cup)
Ldl ldl cholesterol: 0mg
Saturated fat: 0g
Recipe, courtesy of Wellness Institute Govt Chef Jim Perko, CEC, AAC, can be known as “PaPa’s Pumpkin Pie.”