Youngsters love toaster pastries — however you’re not wild about their dietary profile. The compromise? Make your personal! Our selfmade model is a breakfast deal with you possibly can really feel higher about. Plus, they’re enjoyable to make!
1 ¾ cups entire wheat flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup mild butter with canola oil, melted
½ cup plain, nonfat yogurt
Eight teaspoons natural all-fruit raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put flour and salt in a big bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the melted butter and yogurt.
- Combine the moist and dry components. Use your fingers to knead the dough till it’s easy.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured floor till it’s ½ inch thick. Use a big cookie cutter or knife to chop dough into desired shapes.
- Place one cutout of dough on ready cookie sheet. Unfold one teaspoon of preserves on high (avoiding the perimeters), after which cowl with the second minimize out. Crimp edges firmly with a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or till the pop tarts are flippantly browned.
Makes Eight pop tarts (relying on measurement of cookie cutters)
Complete fats: 6g
Saturated fats: 2g
Ldl cholesterol: 5mg
Dietary fiber: 3g
Vitamin A: 8%