Uncover methods to make an vital marinade, along with your particular person vinaigrette salad dressing with flavors of Dijon mustard and tarragon. Grill steak and serve over salad greens and inexperienced beans, drizzled with dressing.
For the steak and marinade:
1/4 cup additional virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pink wine vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped modern tarragon leaves (or modern thyme)
1 1/4 to 1 half kilos grass-fed flank steak
1/4 teaspoon avocado oil (for the grill pan)
eight ounces modern mixed youngster greens or youngster spinach
12 ounces cooked youngster inexperienced beans
For the vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons additional virgin olive, walnut or avocado oil
1 tablespoon pink wine or balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of flooring black pepper
To arrange the steak and marinade:
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the oil, vinegar, mustard and tarragon until straightforward.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place the steak in a flat glass dish and cover with the marinade, coating both aspect.
- Allow it to marinade at room temperature for one hour or it might be marinaded in a single day inside the fridge. Whenever you marinate in a single day, let steak sit at room temperature for one hour sooner than grilling.
- Brush a well-seasoned grill pan with the avocado oil and heat over medium to medium-high heat.
- Take away the steak from the marinade and place on the grill pan.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on all sides. It stays further tender when cooked to medium-rare (interior temperature: 125 ranges F).
- Whereas the steak is grilling, combine all the vinaigrette elements in a small bowl and whisk collectively.
- When steak is accomplished, put it on a chopping board and let it sit for 10 minutes to redistribute the inside juices. Then, scale back it into skinny slices.
- To serve, pile the greens in equal components inside the coronary heart of four plates and place just some objects of the sliced steak on excessive of each.
- Scatter inexperienced beans throughout the perimeters and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Chef’s bear in mind: Inexperienced beans is likely to be served warmth, at room temperature or chilled.
Each serving includes: 6 ounces of steak, about 2 coups salad greens, 3/4 cup inexperienced beans
Saturated fat: 7g
Ldl ldl cholesterol: 105mg
From the e-book, Eat Fat, Get Skinny, by Mark Hyman, MD