Twice baked potatoes are a family favorite. This mannequin is so delicious – don’t inform anyone that it is healthful! Make ahead a day or two, and bake when ready. It makes an easy facet dish.
eight large baking potatoes, scrubbed with pores and pores and skin on, and holes poked with fork for baking
eight ounces low-fat cream cheese, dropped at room temperature
¼ cup skim milk
1-Three tablespoons horseradish
Salt and pepper to model
eight ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Bake potatoes in frequent oven 45 to 60 minutes, or until fork-tender (microwave baking does not go away the pores and pores and skin “crisp” adequate for twice-baked potatoes.
- Take away potatoes from oven and let cool barely, just so it’s possible you’ll cope with them comfortably.
- Scale back potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, take away part of the flesh, leaving a little bit of it on the pores and pores and skin for stability.
- Place all potato flesh in a microwave-safe bowl. Add cream cheese, skim milk, horseradish to model, salt and pepper to model, and a few ounces of cheddar cheese. Heat so that every one parts are warmth (potatoes mash greater when warmth).
- Whip warmth potato mixture with electrical mixer, in meals processor, or by hand if wished.
- Using a spoon, stuff cheese-potato mixture into potato shells, using the whole mixture.
- Lay stuffed potato shells on a cookie sheet or in a 9 x 12 cake pan lined with foil, shut collectively in order that they help each other and come up.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the ground.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 ranges, or until cheese bubbles.
Dietary information (per serving)
One serving: 1 potato half
Makes 16 servings
Fat: 5.2 g
Saturated fat: 3.2 g
Protein: 7.1 g
Carbohydrates: 7.11 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Sodium: 161 mg
Provide: Recipe developed and copyrighted by Kristine Napier, MPH, RD, LD
Reprinted with permission from Nutrio.com