Have to embrace mac and cheese at your subsequent event, nonetheless want to make it barely fancier (and barely extra wholesome?) Try incorporating a winter squash to make this typical stand-by one factor completely completely different — and engaging!
three cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about one 1 lb squash)
1 ¼ cups fat free, lowered sodium hen broth
1 ½ cups skim milk
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 ¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) grated pecorino Romano cheese
¼ cup (1 ounce) finely grated current Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
1 lb uncooked full grain cavatappi or completely different pasta
1 tsp olive oil
½ cup full wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
2 Tbsp chopped current parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine squash, broth, milk, and garlic in a medium saucepan; carry to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork (about 25 minutes). Take away from heat and let cool.
- Place the current squash mixture in a blender. Add salt, pepper, and Greek yogurt. Protected blender lid on blender, and blend until straightforward. Place blended squash mixture in a bowl; stir in Gruyère, pecorino Romano, and a few tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir until combined.
- Put together dinner pasta in response to bundle directions, omitting salt and fat; drain successfully. Add pasta to squash mixture, and stir until combined. Unfold mixture evenly proper right into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add panko, and put together dinner for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Take away from heat; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the current pasta mixture. Calmly coat topping with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve scorching.
RELATED: Spicy Beef Chili with Butternut Squash
Weight loss program data
Makes 10 servings
Complete fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 6g
Trans fat:zero g
Ldl ldl cholesterol: 30mg
Complete Carbohydrate: 45g
Recipe provided by Digestive Sickness Nicely being Employees Dietitians